Friday, August 5, 2011

The Art of Letters

(We have these in store)

"To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart"
- Phyllis Theroux

 Chris Hite, a Dallas retail consultant, recently wrote an article on the almost lost art of letter writing. Here is an excerpt that resounded with us and we thought it might resound with you too.

" I am sure you and I are no different when we get our mail each day in that we sort through the catalogs, set the bills aside and select the handwritten envelopes to open first. Wedding invitations are my favorite. The elegance of hand calligraphy, inner envelopes and either a letterpressed or engraved invite is just pure class. I may be a bit of a postal geek, but I like to think of myself as a post- modern guy who appreciates good old fashion manners. 
I love knowing that someone took the time in their technology-crazed day to put the pen to paper."

Who will you write today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!